6 Reasons Why Being Short is Actually a Good Thing
By: Miranda c.
Your height is something that you don’t get to alter or choose; you’re born with it, and all that you can do is simply learn to accept it. Even though there are some disadvantages to being short, there are also numerous positive aspects as well.
1. Although being referred to as ‘cute’ may get old after a while, at least when you get old, you’ll still look young enough to get carded at bars for many years after turning 21.
2. Since you look young, you present the quality of innocence… which may be annoying or a really useful disguise to get away with devious acts.
3. Remember, bigger does not always mean better. Sure, you may be at a slight disadvantage for catching rebounds in basketball, but when it comes to limbo, no one else stands a chance. Oh, and let’s not forget all of the little spaces only you can squeeze into during a game of hide and seek.
4. Another great thing about being short is that when people try to contain themselves from laughing at you when you can’t quite reach something, you can laugh right back at them because at least you don’t have to worry about looking like a fool because your pants are too short.
5. You will never have to worry about bumping your head on stuff… like a doorway.
6. Lucky for you, your dating pool is much bigger because you pretty much never have to worry about finding a guy that’s taller than you. ...Assuming that the person reading this is a straight female like myself. If not, feel free to disregard that… especially if you are a vertically challenged male looking for a female shorter than you…
Overall, there really is a lot to be thankful for if you lack in the height department. But even if there wasn’t, at least you have all of your life to get used to it!