26 Taylor Swift Quotes That Will Make You Feel Everything
By: Kathryn Polevacik
Taylor Swift is one of the biggest pop culture icons to date. Miss Swift is known for dating dudes and then writing epic songs about it. She started her career back in 2006 with the release of her debut album titled Taylor Swift and from there things only got better. For me, I feel like I've grown up with Taylor. We're the same age, and every song is totally and utterly relatable. Wether it's a break up, make up or something in between - it's so easy for her songs to take you back to a moment in your life when you felt the exact same way.
I'll start at the beginning...
Album: Taylor Swift (2006)
1. A Place In This World: "I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know. I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, but life goes on. I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world."
2. Cold As You: "You have a way of coming easily to me. And when you take, you take the very best of me. So I start a fight cause I need to feel something, and you do what you want cause I'm not what you wanted."
3. Tim McGraw: "And I'm back for the first time since then and I'm standing on your street. And there's a letter left on your doorstep and the first thing that you'll read, "is when you think Tim McGraw, I hope you think my favorite song. Some day you'll turn your radio on, I hope it takes you back to that place."
4. Should've Said No: "It's strange to think the songs we used to sing, the flowers, the smiles, everything is gone. Yesterday I found out about you, even now just looking at you feels wrong. You say that you'd take it all back given one chance, it was a moment of weakness and you said yes. You should've said no, you should've gone home, you should've thought twice before you let it all go. You should've known that word, that what you did with her would get back to me. And I should have been there in the back of your mind, I shouldn't be asking myself why."
5. Tied Together With A Smile: "Hold on, baby you're losing it. The water's high, you're jumping into and letting go and no one knows, that you cry and you don't tell anyone. That you might not be the golden one. And you're tied together with a smile but you're coming undone."
Album: Fearless (2008)
6. Fifteen: "Back then I swore I was gonna marry him one day but I realize some bigger dreams of mine. Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind, we both cried. Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love, you're gonna believe them."
7. Fearless: "Run your hands through your hair, absent-mindedly making me want you. And I don't know if it gets better than this, you take my hand and drag me head first, fearless. And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless."
8. Breathe: "And we know it's never simple, never easy. Never a clean break. No one here to save me. You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand. And I can't breathe without you, but I have to."
9. You're Not Sorry: "Could have loved you all my life if you hadn't left me waiting in the cold. And you've got your share of secrets and I'm tired of being the last to know. And now you're asking me to listen cause it's worked each time before. You don't have to call anymore, I won't pick up the phone. This is the last straw, don't wanna hurt anymore."
10. White Horse: "Say you're sorry that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to. As I paced back and forth all this time cause I honestly believe in you. Holding on, the days drag on. Stupid girl, I should have known. I should have known."
Album: Speak Now (2010)
11. Sparks Fly: "My mind forgets to remind me that you're a bad idea. You touch me once and it's really something, you find that I'm even better than you imagined I would be. I'm on my guard for the rest of the world but for you I know it's no good."
12. Speak Now: "Don't say yes, run away now. I'll meet you when you're out of the church at the back door. Don't say yes or say a single vow. I'll meet you when you're out and they said "speak now."
13. The Story Of Us: "I used to know my place was the spot next to you, now I'm searching the room for an empty seat cause lately I don't even know what page you're on. Oh, a simple complication, miscommunications lead to fall outs. So many things that I wish you knew, so many walls up, I can't break through."
14. Dear John: "You paint me a blue sky, then go back and turn it to rain. And I lived in your chess game but you changed the rules every day. Wondering which version of you I might get on the phone tonight. But I stopped picking up and this song is to let you know why. Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone. Don't you think I was too young to be messed with, the girl in the dress cried the whole way home. I shoulda known."
15. Better Than Revenge: "I never saw it coming, nor had I suspected it. I underestimated just who I was dealing with. She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum. She underestimated just who she was stealing from. She's not a saint and she's not what you think she's an actress. But she's better known for the things that she does on the mattress."
16. Ours: "Seems like there is always someone who disapproves. They'll judge it like they know about me and you. The verdict comes from those with nothing else to do, the jury's out... but my choice is you. So don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water's rough, but this love is ours."
Album: Red (2012)
17. Stay, Stay, Stay: "Before you I'd only dated self indulgent takers, who took all of their problems out on me. But you carry my groceries and now I'm always laughing and I love you because you have given me no choice but to stay, stay, stay. I have been loving you for quite some time, time, time."
18. Red: "Touching him was like realizing everything you've ever wanted was right there in front of you. Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song. Fighting with him was like trying to solve a cross word puzzle and realizing there is no right answer. Regretting him was like wishing you never found out love could be that strong."
19. All Too Well: "And I know it's long gone, and the magic's not here no more. And I might be okay, but I'm not fine at all. Cause there we are again on that little town street. You almost ran the red cause you were looking over at me. Wind in my hair, I was there, I remember it all too well."
20. I Almost Do: "We made quite a mess, babe. It's probably better off this way. And I confess baby, in my dreams you're touching my face and asking me if I want to try again with you... and I almost do."
21. Everything has changed: "All I know is we said hello, and your eyes look like coming home. All I know is a simple name, everything has changed. All I know is you held the door, you'll be mine and I'll be yours."
Album: 1989 (2014)
22. Blank Space: "So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames. You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane. Cause you know I love the players and you love the game."
23. Out Of The Woods: "You took a polaroid of us, then discovered. The rest of the world was black and white but we were in screaming color. And I remember thinking are we out of the woods yet?"
24. Bad Blood: "Did you think we'd be fine? I still have scars on my back from your knife. Now don't think it's in the past. These kinds of wounds they last, and they last. Now did you think it all through? All these things will catch up to you, and time can heal but this won't so if you're coming my way just don't."
25. Style: "He can't keep his wild eyes on the road. Takes me home, lights are off, he's taking off his coat. I say, "I've heard that you've been out and about with some other girl." He says, "What you heard is true but I can't stop thinking about you." And I said, "yeah, I've been there maybe just a few times."
26. Clean: "Hung my head as I lost the war and the sky turned black like a perfect storm. The rain came pouring down when I was drowning, that's when I could finally breathe. And by morning, gone was any trace of you I think I am finally clean."
Love her or hate her, if you didn't feel a tug at your heart strings while reading at least three of these, then you might be dead inside.